Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Catch Up

Holy cows and a half I have a lot to catch up on.


Just to quickly say it, I have a Kindle now and I love it! I can't get enough of it. It's utterly amazing! I highly recommend them for readers.


Last month we went up to northern California to visit Danny's family. The main reason was so Danny could help fix his mom's car (which sadly wasn't able to be fixed), but it was really nice to see his family. First we went to his parents. After the car stuff we were just able to relax, go to the beach and just hang out with his family. It was fun to meet Bruce's girlfriend Lindsay. And my dear mother in law so very nicely gave me her Singer sewing machine from the 1950's. I can't wait to start sewing!


Then we got to go see Danny's sister Jennifer, her husband Jared and their amazing kids! I loved being able to see them because we don't do it often enough. I loved just hanging out with them and playing with Autumn and Austin. Jen and I discovered how we have almost the same decorating tastes. We bought the same things at the church bookstore. Plus we got to be up there for Jen's birthday! And I have to admit it was kind of fun watching Jared get in trouble =)


Our trip only lasted a little over a week and we were sad to go home. Everything was going well until about half way home when we got in a car accident. To make a long story short, the car in front of us stopped a little quicker than Danny anticipated. We bumped into them going about 15-20 mph, which would not have been too bad, but then the lady behind us hit us going about 40-45 mph which then slammed all of us into the car in front of the first lady. One thing I do have to admit is I am truly grateful that no one yelled and the first thing everyone did was make sure everyone else was ok. I was really shaken up, so I didn't even get out of the car. Unfortunately we got the worst of it. My bumper had to be taken off completely. So now we are in the process of getting my car fixed, which really kind of sucks, because now I don't have a car to go to and from work. Oh well.


Today we went with my family to a water park. I'm not such a strong swimmer but I still had fun! Danny had fun laughing at me when he was watching me try to swim. Ugh!


Well, that's all I have for today! I will try to get better at blogging. Love you all!



No comments: